Our printing is to a corporate standard. As such you'll receive professional brochures printed on our offset presses to the highest quality.
As folding can be a bit tricky we have setout some templates to assist with your design to ensure panels align and fold into each other correctly. And of course we check this before we print.
Typical Foldout Panel / Styles:
- All Brochures are printed CMYK (4 Process Colour)
- Please ensure your artwork confirms to the templates for the style required for a perfect fold.
- Brochures are measured by the number of reading panels (Page Foldouts) - not flat size.
- Packed Flat: 350gsm will be scored and packed flat. That is, ready to fold by hand by you.
For Custom Folds and Custom Size Brochures, please contact us via our
For large file please use our File Transfer page or paste a URL link in the additional instructions field.
What is a Brochure
The definition of a brochure is a single cut sheet of paper or board that is folded one or many times.
If its not folded, then you are after
Flyers or if it has several pages stapled or glued together then this is called a
If you are confused or not sure what kind of paper you need, please give us a call on 1300 556 911. Its just quicker to explain.
- All Flyers and Cards are Offset printed CMYK (4 Process Colour).
- We combined hundreds of orders to print them together to provide you with a cheap printing service. This way the setup cost is shared.
- Our offset printing presses print both sides of the sheet in one pass – again making it cheaper for you, and have LED UV drying units installed. Meaning that its ready to cut and pack as soon as its off the press. No more 24 hrs drying time.
Aviva Print continually updates its printing technology both in pre-press and printing press equipment.
This ensures that your work hits our presses without issues and whilst printing our machines are equipped to scan periodically to measure the colour consistency.
Complimenting this we have experienced staff running our presses to provide that final oversight. But we don’t stop there; we have a dedicated team of staff in each finishing department.
Meaning that the guy who cuts your job to finish size does nothing but operate the guillotine all day long etc.
And of course we have a team of dispatch staff who pack and ship your work and provide a final QA check.
All of which is documented and signed off in each stage to provide an audit trail of your work throughout the printing process. That said:
- Our operations are ISO Certified (ISO 12647-2)
- Your satisfaction of our quality is how we measure this guarantee, subject to our terms of print supply.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality of the print, we will re-print them or refund your money with an apology.
We print thousands of Brochures daily and as much as we'd love to get them out to you the next day, there is a bit involved. We need guillotine the work then setup the folding machine. There is always a queue and sometimes we can slip a short order in advance if and only if we have another customer's order who has the same setup to go. That said:
- Turnraound is generally 3-5 Working Days + Dispatch.
- Delivery is FREE and included in the price. As we print in various Print Centres across Australia, we use StarTrack for shipping overnight to any location.
- StarTrack is part of Australia Post and as such follow the overnight schedule as Express Post.
- CBD and Metro locations are mostly next day.
- If we are printing your item locally, a local courier will be used.
- In any event, a track number is always available to pin point where the items are.
Standard Brochures are referred to by the number of panels they have and by the size of each panel. Each side of the panel is counted. So for a typical A4 Sheet folded into three, which is typically the fold you would do to insert it into an envelope, you will have three panels on the front and three panels on the back.
Each of these panels is a DL size (99 x 210) and hence its a 6 panel (printed panel) brochure.
As the design work is normally produced from the flat sheet size (A4 in the above example) we have provided the design template in various formats below.
In Design and Illustrator can open the eps or pdf format templates below.
However, We do prefer a Press Ready PDF file. File supplied in other formats will be converted by us to PDF and emailed back again for approval. Our turnaround time naturally is only upon receipt of approval.
The following file contains the PDF fold layout for various standard brochures. If you have a custom size and need to create your own fold lines, please use and overlay like this PDF supplied in a separate layer.
When doing a Roll Fold or Gate Fold, each panel that folds in to another needs to be 1mm less in width. When two are folded and then folded into a third, the two together need to be 1mm less and so on and so forth.
However, this does not apply to a Z fold (Concertina). In all cases, the fold itself should be measured as 0.5mm.